Junior League of Wichita is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The Junior League welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of individuals, organizations and communities.
Strategic Framework 2019/2020-2021/2022
Expand an engaged organization where a diverse group of women feel connected to our Mission, the community, and one another. Promote the League as the premier organization for women making a difference in Wichita.
MAXIMIZE COLLECTIVE IMPACT
- Develop civic leaders to serve for lasting community change.
- Be inspired to experience the past and connect with future generations as the League plans to commemorate 100 years.
- Evaluate the League’s community impact strategy in connection with the needs of the community.
CREATE STABILITY AND GROWTH
- Prioritize growth of Legacy Endowment.
- Enhance lifetime membership experience.
- Be nimble and ready for new opportunities.
ENSURE ORGANIZATIONAL EXCELLENCE
- Create a structure to promote efficiency and collaboration.
- Promote an environment of inclusion and diverse perspectives.
- Provide a structure to balance the needs of our members in pursuit of our Mission.
- Reintroduce the community to our organization.
- Broaden internal understanding of our brand.
- Emphasize core values of Association.
Association of Junior League International Core Values
Diversity: The Junior League welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities.
Collaboration: We believe lasting societal change is achieved through both collaboration and meaningful disagreement. Living the value of collaboration inspires us to accomplish more together.
Community: We believe a strong sense of community is essential to human well-being. Living the value of community provides a foundation of inclusion, which allows us to make a greater impact on the world around us.
Empowerment: We believe that the empowerment of women is a necessary requirement to create positive, lasting societal change. Living the value of empowerment fosters trust and confidence in each other.
Leadership: We believe in the unique power of women’s leadership abilities to transform communities for the better. Living the value of leadership allows us to make a collective difference.
Respect: We believe respect is a fundamental human right. Living the value of respect instills in us an unconditional positive regard for others.
Service: We believe it is through service that we build core relationships with others. Service is the lens through which we decide how we will invest our time and resources. Living the value of service empowers us as catalysts for lasting community change.