In 1989, Junior League of Wichita established the Community Outreach Endowment Fund with the purpose of addressing urgent, non-volunteer needs of area nonprofits in an efficient manner. Its purpose remains the same today. Junior League of Wichita’s community endowment fund grants are just one of the many ways Junior League of Wichita is making a difference in the Wichita community.
All applications for funding are reviewed and voted on by the Endowment Committee. Requests exceeding $5,000 require approval by the Governing Board and Management Team.
Grant range – Community Outreach Endowment Fund grant applications may currently be submitted for up to $8,000.
Applications may come at any time during the year and will be acted upon dependent upon funds available. It is recommended to submit applications regarding potential projects no later than three months in advance of the project.
Applications are considered on their own merit and circumstances and based on general guidelines including the following:
- Requests must come from an organization and not from an individual(s).
- The request must be submitted online or in writing.
- The request must be made for a specific purpose.
- The request must be for a need that falls within the Junior League of Wichita’s Mission Statement or a need designated for a community emergency.
- The organization should not have received a JLW Community Outreach Endowment Fund grant within the immediate past fiscal year or be a current Junior League project agency.
- The request should be for an emergency or short-term need.
- The request should not be for support of a general fundraising or building campaign.