Reasons to Support Junior League of Wichita
- Junior League of Wichita is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
- Junior League of Wichita is working with the greater Wichita community to combat child abuse through awareness, prevention and intervention.
- “Someone to Talk To” Puppet Show – puppet show educating third- and fourth-grade students on physical, emotional and sexual abuse
- ChildAbuseWichita.org – single entry portal of information on child abuse in the Wichita community, featuring child abuse education, links to community child abuse resources, opportunities to volunteer and information on local child abuse fundraising events
- Child Advocacy Center of Sedgwick County (CACSC) – Junior League of Wichita completed a $300,000 gift to the CACSC for the education and training wing of their new facility.
- Wichita Children’s Home (WCH) − Our 2017-2020 project, Two Lives at a Time, is a partnership with the WCH. Junior League of Wichita has committed $150,000 over three years to help build young mothers up through mentorship, assistance with secondary education opportunities and, most visibly, our Baby Mobile van that delivers critical self-care items to young parents transitioning to independent living.
- Junior League of Wichita reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
- Junior League of Wichita is a 501(c)(3) organization.