Membership in Junior League of Wichita is open to women ages 21 and older who express an interest in voluntarism. Those who make the decision to join spend a year as New Members while learning about community needs, volunteering, and getting acquainted with the organization’s projects.
Junior League of Wichita offers:
- Fulfill financial obligation ($215*) with online application
- Attend orientation
- Five General Membership meetings
- Eight New Member meetings (September through April)
- Training, community service and fundraising experiences (approx. 40 hours)
What happens after the New Member year?
After the New Member year, members become involved in community projects, fundraising projects to support the community service, or serve the League internally. This is known as Active member status. Active member requirements vary dependent upon length of membership and the annual financial obligation is $165.
After seven years of Active membership members may choose to become a “sustaining member.” Sustaining members take supporting roles in the League. Sustaining members may choose to return to Active status at any time. Sustaining members need only fulfill their financial requirement of $125 per year.*
* Please Note: Financial obligations are subject to nominal increases from year to year.