Community Outreach Endowment
In 1989 the Junior League of Wichita established an endowment fund, the JLW Community Outreach Endowment Fund, with the purpose of addressing urgent, non-volunteer needs of area nonprofits in an efficient manner. Its purpose remains the same today. Junior League of Wichita’s endowment fund grants are just one of the many ways Junior League of Wichita is making a difference in the Wichita Community.
All applications for funding are reviewed and voted on by the Endowment Committee and forwarded to the JLW Board of Directors for approval. Requests exceeding $2,000 shall also require a two-thirds vote of Active JLW Members at a general meeting.
Grant range – Community Outreach Endowment Fund grant applications may currently be submitted for up to $8,000.
Applications may come at any time during the year and will be acted upon dependent upon funds available. It is recommended to submit applications regarding potential projects no later than three months in advance of the project.
Applications are considered on their own merit and circumstances and based on general guidelines including the following:
- Requests must come from an organization with a 501(c)(3) tax status or its equivalent; such request may not come from individuals.
- The request must be submitted online or in writing.
- The request must be made for a specific purpose.
- The request must be for a need that falls within the Junior League of Wichita Mission Statement.
- The organization should not have received a JLW Community Outreach Endowment Fund grant within the immediate past fiscal year or be a current project agency.
- The request should be for an emergency or short-term need.
- The request should not be for support of a general fundraising or building campaign.
Please email the following supporting documents:
- IRS 501(c) 3 Determination Letter
- Recent Financial Statement or 990 form
- Current Operating Budget and or/project budget
- Annual Audit Report
- Any other Additional Documents
In 2014-2015, Junior League of Wichita's Community Outreach Endowment Fund supported the following projects:
- CASA of Sedgwick County: $2,950
- KVC Behavioral Health Care, Inc.: $2,000
- WSU Center for Combating Human Trafficking: $2,000
- Sunlight Children's Advocacy and Rights Foundation: $1,657.63
- Families Together, Inc.: $731.37